Pacific Coast Siamese Kitten Contract
Owner/Breeder Krissy Vaughn
19160 Gold Creek Trail
Volcano, Ca 9589
This contract will be signed and completed before kitten leaves Pacific Coast Siamese
Name:________________________Date of Birth_______________________
THIS KITTEN IS BEING SOLD TO:
Address of Buyer:_______________________________________________
City, State, Zip:_________________________________________________
Pacific Coast Siamese (Seller) agrees to sell to Buyer, the kitten designated
above for a price of $____________which includes a non-refundable deposit of
$__________ paid on (date)__________________________________.
Balance of purchase price to be paid before delivery of the kitten. If buyer has reserved and put down a deposit on a specific gender/color for an unborn kitten, seller has up to one year to produce desired kitten before refund is given. If shipping is
required, Buyer is responsible for all shipping fees (airline fees, appropriate
carrier, health certificate) which will be no less than $300. Delivery costs will be
negotiable between Buyer and Seller if transporting by car. Failure to pay in full
for the kitten and shipping costs will result in loss of deposit by Buyer and
Seller shall then be free to place the kitten with another buyer.
The kitten described above is being sold as a pet (not for breeding or showing)
and the following consideration:
- Buyer accepts the responsibility of caring for the kitten and will provide properly for its welfare. Buyer agrees to keep the kitten indoors in a clean and pleasant environment, uncaged and with proper nutrition, health care, and companionship.
- Buyer agrees that this kitten was purchased as a pet(not for breeding or showing), and unless altered before sale, must be spayed or neutered before the age of six months. Buyer assures and guarantees that this kitten will not be used for breeding or stud. Registration papers will be held until Buyer has provided Seller with a valid statement of spay/neuter signed by a licensed veterinarian. Seller agrees to sign kitten's registration papers over to the Buyer within 30 days of receiving the appropriate documentation.
- Health Guarantee: This kitten is guaranteed of sound health upon delivery or arrival, and for a period of 72 hours thereafter if vetted within that time. Failure to have the animal checked by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours will void any guarantee. It is recommended that the new kitten be quarantined during that 72-hour period. If found to be medically deficient with an untreatable or life-threatening problem, this must be reported to the Seller immediately. If professional medical care is given to the kitten during the 72-hour period, the Buyer shall be responsible for all veterinary and professional expenses incurred on behalf of the kitten. The Seller shall at no time and under no circumstances be liable for more that the replacement of the kitten. Upon its return, it will be replaced with another kitten of equal value. The Seller reserves the right to return a cash refund. If no replacement is available at the time of return, Seller will have up to one year to furnish a comparable kitten. The kitten cannot be returned for compensation after the guaranteed period has expired and/or it has been exposed to another cat. Seller will not honor any health guarantee if the kitten dies of a virus from contact with another animal not bred at this Cattery. The buyer agrees to provide immediate veterinary care to this kitten if it shows signs of distress, illness, or injury. Failure to do so will render the guarantee null and void. If the kitten dies within the guarantee period, despite medical treatment, compensation will be made ONLY if a licensed veterinarian certifies the cause of death. When the kitten arrives at your home he/she will have been inoculated at least twice for (1) Panleukopenia, (2) Viral Rhinotracheitis, (3) Calicivirus. Upon buyer's first veterinarian visit it is suggested that the buyer discuss the FeLV (Feline Leukemia Virus) and FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis) vaccines with their veterinarian and proceed according to the veterinarian's suggestion at that time.
- The kitten is guaranteed against congenital defects for ONE YEAR. Should the animal die within that time as a direct result of a congenital defect, the cat will be replaced ONLY if an appropriate necropsy is performed by a licensed veterinarian and a veterinarian's certificate is provided as proof of cause of death. A replacement will be made of a cat of comparable quality and value, as available, at the discretion of the Seller. NO CASH REFUNDS.
- The buyer agrees that this cat will at no time be sold, leased, or given to any pet shop, animal dealer, animal research facility, animal shelter or to anyone who has ever been convicted of neglect of or cruelty to an animal, nor shall it be abandoned. It is the intention of the Seller that the Buyer be a permanent placement. If at any time the Buyer becomes unable to care for the kitten, Seller is given the right of first refusal. If the Seller does not receive the kitten, it is the responsibility of the Buyer to place the kitten in a home that meets the same conditions as stated in this contract.
Any legal action which may arise under the terms of this contract will be brought
in Sacramento County in the state of California. Buyer shall be liable for any court costs and related charges including attorney's fees associated with Seller
enforcing the terms of this contract. This agreement is the entire agreement
- The kitten should be isolated from other pets for at least one week to acclimate to its new surroundings.
- Any changes to the kittens diet should be made slowly as sudden changes may result in episodes of diarrhea.
- Your kitten has been fed Lifes Abundance (only available through me or online) Kitten food for cats. It is recommended that your kitten remain on this food for at least the first year and have access to dry food and fresh water at all times.
- The kitten should be given frequent and kind human attention with a generous amount of play and exercise.
- The kitten should not be caged with the exception of short-term confinement if necessary.
- Your kitten is litter box trained and has been using premium pelleted litter or any premium Scoopable litter for cats. This litter can be found at most pet stores.
In signing this document, Buyer acknowledges that he/she has read, fully
understands, and agrees to all of the terms and conditions of the above sale.
Breeder Contract - Voids previously mentioned requirement for neutering and Spay.
Seller is selling intact male/female and guarantees fertility. If said cat fails to reproduce, and has been seen by a licensed veterinarian; breeder shall replace said cat.
Buyer agrees to only sell offspring of said cat as pet quality cat/kittens unless seller agrees to allow offspring to be sold as breeders.
Seller initials ________
Buyer initials ________
As our first concern is for the well-being of our cats, we reserve the right to
refuse the sale of any cat or kitten to any individual at any time.